This weekend Park Run is starting back up again. I have always been a fan of them even though I have only personally done it one time. This is because it does not fit in with my main focus of Fitness Model Shows or prior to this 400m running for my athletics club. However, I have had many clients partake in them and they are ideal for anyone who does any form jogging.
The run costs nothing as it is free and starts at 9am all over the country, probably 9.07 it actually kicks off. After standing around listening to a little speech by the organisers you are asked to stand in the rough time group you think you will finish the race in, e.g. 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30 minutes etc. This just allows correct pacing at the beginning. If unsure about your time, just go near the back. The whole atmosphere of park run is fun and friendly and about making improvements whatever your level. The majority of people take around 30-35 minutes to do it. A few runners took just under an hour in the one I did. It is about participation not performance.
How To Do A Park Run
To get involved with this then simply –
– Go To The Website Park Run and search the nearest one to you. (NOTE – Due to the Corona virus not all the previous runs are starting this weekend so please check the one you want to do is on this weekend)
– Register on the website here>> (All park runs are free 🙂 🙂 )
– Print Out And Take Your Bar Code to the run. (It has to be printed out for some reason).
– Turn up on the day at about 8.57, try not to bring too much stuff as it is not the best for leaving things albeit you can.
– Stand around and wait for the lineup. Look at the start line grouping times and pick the appropriate one. If unsure just go towards the back and after your first one you will know what rough zone you are in.
– Run the race and enjoy it.
– At the end you are given a chip. Take this chip and show it and your printed bar code to any of the race marshals. They will scan it.
– A few hours later you will be emailed your results.
With a benchmark time in the books, look to run them regularly and use your time to monitor your progress from your training plan. If you happen to not print your bar code or lose it then remember your rough time as they usually call it out at the end.
If you need help to improve your 5km time or to build up to be able to run one then drop me a message. I have helped hundreds of people learn to run and/or make great performance improvements with their running. It is not as hard as you think but often needs a slightly different approach to how most people go about it. This can include running technique, breath work, injury rehab and much more..
Photos – A picture from my previous park run and the locations across the country that they are held.
Need Support Getting In Shape?
Changing your body on your own without support or an effective system usually ends in failure sadly. To avoid this outcome you can become one of my coaching clients either online or in person. I provide Holistic, Healthy & Sustainable Body Transformations. Contact me to discuss your goals further or see below for more details and the options available to you based on your location / preferences:
Worldwide (Online) – For transformations, coaching and support wherever you are in the world read more here>>>>
London (Battersea) – If looking for Personal Training Battersea please contact me. I am available for sessions in homes, private gyms or Personal Training Battersea Park. To see my locations please visit my Battersea Personal Trainer page>>
Follow Me – You can get more great advice, tips, hacks and more by following me on one of my social media channels. Follow Me>>>